We're Hiring! Are you an E-mail Marketing Guru?•
Posted on June 01 2023
With the arrival of 3 tiny tots over the past 2 years, we've got our hands more than full! There are so many tasks and projects that we wish we could take on at Thread & Maple, but we simply don't have time to do it all. We're looking for someone to help us with our e-mail marketing and we would absolutely love to find a fellow maker to join our small team. If you have experience with e-mail marketing and would be interested in working with us, please apply below, we'd love to hear from you!
About the job...
This is a remote working opportunity as an independent contractor, meaning you can set your own hours and work from home. We would be looking for 25-35 hours/week of your time, with a least 2-3 EST daytime workweek hours, the rest is up to you. In this role you will play a hands-on role in taking ownership of e-mail campaigns through ideation, execution, and reporting. Our ideal candidate knows everything about email marketing best practices and has basic HTML and CSS skills. You can analyze and review the state of our email campaigns across batch, lifecycle, and transactional emails and prepare recommendations on how to improve segmentation and personalization. With an appetite for innovation, in one moment you will be analyzing campaign metrics and in the next, you’ll be leading an upcoming campaign. You will be very much hands-on, taking ownership of your campaigns through ideation, execution, and reporting.
In this role you will:
- Own the email channel; including automated lifecycle, acquisition, and transactional emails, as well as batch promotions and newsletters.
- Build segments and understand customer behaviour, optimizing the customer journey.
- Write engaging, on-brand copy and create well-structured, visually appealing e-mail templates.
- Develop and execute email marketing strategies to support new product launches, collaborations and special events.
- Build and maintain an email marketing calendar.
- Analyze and gather campaign KPI's and make data-driven decisions.
- Identify A/B testing opportunities, execute and optimize against your results.
- Stay on top of new trends in email best practice, content and strategy.
The qualifications and experience we like to see:
- Have 3+ years of marketing experience, with at least 2 years in email and marketing automation.
- Extensive experience working with a top-tier Email Service Provider (ESP) - ideally Klaviyo, Omnisend - including functionality, data integration/APIs, building dynamic content.
- Are a skilled wordsmith who knows how to engage readers and drive action through email.
- Analytically driven, with proven success in translating data into insights and action.
- Understand how to think through the customer journey that surrounds the email experience.
- Knowledge of email best practices.
- Solid understanding of CAN-SPAM and CASL compliance.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with different people.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Interest in knitting/crochet/crafts highly desirable
Why members of our team love working at Thread & Maple:
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible schedule.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Employee discount on our products.
- Investment in training, mentoring, and career development.
If you think you would be a good fit for this role, please apply here. We can't wait to welcome you!
*** Update: This position has been filled! Thanks so much for your interest in working with us. Follow us on Instagram to stay abreast of any future openings :) ***
Why We're Out of St...
If you've assembled your dream cart only to find a fave out of stock you may be tempted to wait for that final page, but we encourage you to go ahe...Read More
How to Cable Knit: ...
If you’ve ever admired the beautiful, intricate patterns produced by cable knitting, then get ready to learn how to cable knit. Don't worry, cable ...Read More
3, 2, 1 - GO!
Does your knitting come with you wherever you are? Then our On the Go was made for you! Smaller than a credit card, On the Go allows you to keep y...Read More